Thursday, December 4, 2008

Illumination

I am working on my motto for 2009 and I am playing with "The Year of Illumination".

My wish is to notice, collect, create and appreciate moments of light: those times when someone around me or further out in the world shows others how to find light in moments of darkness.

Recently, a mother and daughter in Texas were looking for a way to give a gift beyond all costs. A gift that didn't cost a thing but that would touch someone's heart in a very special way. Several days ago, they decided what they would give. They set out to the Hair Warehouse and both donated their locks of hair to a charity that provides wigs to ill children.

The first stream of light has been seen before the holidays arrive. Rose and Sydney, I am grateful for the love and inspiration you are spreading. I am off to find an idea of my own!

No comments: