Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Rainy Days

This week in the Northeastern United States we are expecting several successive rainy days. I am thankful that I can choose to curl up with a warm cup of coffee or tea and dream while I listen to the rain hitting the window.

Dreaming is important. Day dreaming, for no purpose other than to escape, can be a form of meditation. Intentional dreaming, a phrase coined by Michael Gerber, is a dream for the purpose of discovering yourself and your purpose here on earth. That's my favorite dream!

I am grateful for Michael Gerber's way of reaching into my soul. I am grateful for the rainy days that some find annoying because they offer a great opportunity for introspection. I am grateful that I have a warm place from which to listen to the rain. And I appreciate a few minutes of quiet solitude.

No comments: