Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Future or Past? Which is it?

For your gratitude snack,this article is printed with permission from Iris Benrubi, M.A.

We are well into the New Year and if you have followed convention, you may have set some New Years Resolutions and even created goals for 2009. In my experience, people often plan what they want in the future and forget to acknowledge themselves for what they've already achieved and what they have right now in the moment. I'd
like to share with you what I am grateful for.

Over the last year I have worked with many wonderful clients. I have forged strong relationships with both of my children and have had some outstanding discussions and developed feelings of mutual trust and respect. I have strengthened my existing friendships. I have visited some wonderful places including Jordan, Israel, Paris
and Panama.

I have experienced adventure, relaxation and wonderful connections with new and wonderful people in my travels. I have revisited and reconnected with my family in Israel that I haven't seen in 29 years - of over 50 cousins, children, aunts and uncles. I have a body that never gives out and supports me through my day.
I have met a wonderful man that loves me the way I am.

I have grown and learned about myself. I have learned how to let go of the things that frustrate me and make me stressed and replaced them with acceptance and an experience inner peace. I have learned to forgive myself and love who I am (this is still a work in progress :-).

Now your turn:
What have you achieved in the last 12 months?

Who have you impacted?

What are you grateful for?

What is going well for you? These things may seem unremarkable or every day, but if you stop and look at them, they really are remarkable, wonderful daily gifts to your life.

Take 5 minutes and answer these questions. If you feel like it,email your answers to me. What you'll find is that as you focus,not on what you still want to achieve, but what you have achieved,the gifts in your life, the difference that you make, you will feel joy, contentment and a sense of calm that will help you face what could be challenging circumstances with a smile on your face. Enjoy

Simply Success, 1 Promenade Circle #302, Thornhill, Ontario L4J 4P8,
CANADA

Iris Benrubi M.A.
Helping Good People Feel Great!

www.TherapySolutions.ca
905-709-8185

No comments: