Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Birth, Death and Taxes

The last few days have brought to me the opportunity to appreciate what I have in a different way than usual. One neighbor has a new grand baby-the first in the family. Another neighbor slipped getting out of the shower and 3 days later her body gave up and left this earth. Rest in peace,Coleen.

In between, when I chose to listen, there were stories of failing companies, job loss, hopelessness and taxes.

From my perspective this week, there is always sorrow, joy, worry, hope and fear surrounding us. Our job is to choose what to respond to and how to respond.

I appreciate those times when I shared conversation with my neighbor Coleen. We had humorous talks, informational chats, "catching up" conversations and heart to heart connections. In the reverse, I am truly happy for my neighbor and her new grand baby, her new role as grandma and her daughter's new role as mother.

I will honor those that have passed through my life as they traveled to the world beyond by holding the best of them in my memories.I will cherish the moments of discovery as new people enter my life. I will turn my attention, not to the turmoil and fear that surrounds me, but to the hope and promise that resides within each of us.

I am grateful that life allows me to experience the ends of the spectrum, so that I can find my place. I choose peace, joy, love and hope.

1 comment:

Daniel Brenton said...

This post was highlighted in the February 19 edition of Gratitude Watch.

Thank you for promoting the value of gratitude.