Friday, August 13, 2010

Bernie Siegel Quotes

I recently listened to an interview with Bernie Siegel,MD from Windows to Wellness (www.windowstowellness.com )where he shared many wonderful insights. I am so grateful for the impact they had as I listened, I want to pass them on to you.

Think of your experiences when you ask someone "How are you?" Many times they mumble "fine" or "ok" or "Don't ask". Bernie's recommendation when someone asks you this questions is to respond, "I have no complaints whatsoever". This is gratitude at work. If you complain, you are missing the opportunity to be grateful for what you do have. It doesn't mean everything is great all the time:it focuses on gratitude and brings your thoughts to something better.

In a conversation with Norman Vincent Peale, Norman explains "It's not about quiet or noise..It's about finding your rhythm, the harmony in your life."

A few weeks ago here in Maryland, we experienced a 3.0 earthquake at 3:30am. When I opened the door to see what it was that had happened, I noticed that there was no sound-No THING. Bernie says, "Silence is the loudest noise". I understand exactly what that means.

If you want more of Bernie Siegel, MD visit his site: www.berniesiegelmd.com

Coach Renee

No comments: